Hiring: Communications Assistant
Join the team. Inspire action. Transform lives.
Our Voice and Vision.
“When you hear stories of transformation from the communities in Malawi and the UK or attend one of our stand-out events, it’s easy to see how working for a charity like Temwa is a total privilege. Every day I wake up with a purpose.”
– Olivia Perry, Fundraising and Communications Coordinator
Our goal at Temwa is to harness the power of bringing communities together. We partner with communities in Malawi, empowering local people to end poverty and transform their own futures. We inspire local communities in the UK to help bring about this change.
From sharing stories of hope to promoting our stand-out events (including wrestling challenges and Totally Toto Africa), you will play a key role in shaping and using our voice to engage our supporters and widen our reach in order to achieve our fundraising goals. Our content aims to mobilise individuals, groups and whole communities into action, providing ways for them to raise, give, volunteer or partner with us to transform lives.
When communities come together. Temwa means ‘love, within a community,’ in the language of Tumbuka. We are Bristol based charity committed to empowering remote African communities to end poverty and transform their own futures.
“Temwa really is a rare thing to be part of. The stories from community members in Malawi are incredibly uplifting, the supporters in the UK are a crazy, passionate, dedicated breed of human, and the Bristol office staff are determined and always willing to help! My experience here has been nothing short of inspirational”
– Emily Thorowgood, Fundraising and communications intern
We are looking for somebody who embodies this sense of team work and community, who strives to support the incredible communities that we support in Malawi, and who will provide them with an engaged audience of followers dedicated to Temwa’s mission.
- Passionate about inspiring change in communities and an interest in fundraising theory and practice
- Relevant qualification and/or experience in Communications, Marketing, International Development or other related subjects
- Creative and strong communication, both written and verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Possess a highly positive, ‘can-do’ attitude with a proactive and flexible approach to work
- Experienced with managing social media accounts, utilising offline and online forms of marketing and familiarity with WordPress. Graphic design software skills desirable but not essential.
- Willing to travel and occasionally work evenings and weekends
- Commitment to Temwa’s vision and values
Location: Temwa UK offices, Portland Square, central Bristol
Closing date for applications: Midnight, Wednesday 22 May
Expected interview dates: 28 – 29 May
Salary: £18,000 per annum (pro-rata, two days a week)