Coffee Shop Crush
Speed Dating – For The Love of Temwa
When: Wednesday 5th December 2018
Timings: 19:30 – 22:30
Where: Milk Teeth Cafe, 21 Portland Square, Bristol, BS2 8SJ
Have you ever seen the person who was probably the love of your life in your local coffee shop, but you didn’t say hello, so now you’ll never know? We’ve all been there. Locked eyes over our oat milk flat whites and then disappeared into the rest of our lives… Well fear not, coffee lovers!
Here at Temwa we love coffee (a lot), we love our local independent coffee shop and we love Love. In fact, Temwa means ‘To Love’ in Tumbuka – one of the many languages spoken in northern Malawi. We also love our local community and introducing like-minded people.
So, with your hearts in mind, we’ve combined forces with Milk Teeth Cafe and, another lover of Love, Hannah-Jayne Smith (off of Channel 4’s First Dates) to bring you Temwa’s first ever tasteful and charitable speed dating evening.
What You Need To Know
This first edition will be aimed at those aged between 21 – 35 and who consider themselves to be heterosexual.
Your ticket includes:
- a drink on arrival (with thanks to Ikoyi Chapmans)
- Hannah – a host who is full of character. She’ll guide you effortlessly through the evening and have you laughing and feeling at ease before you know it (no awkward moments)
- Josh – a lovely barista with top swan latte art skills (check the #swansense out on Instagram) who, as it happens, is also a dab hand at mixing drinks if you need something to take the edge off any nerves
- a dose of musical entertainment to round off the evening
- the match making admin done for you! We’ll contact you after the date to put you in touch with any mutual mate / date matches.
Your ticket price is the equivalent of planting 30 trees or providing someone with a water filter to provide them with clean drinking water for 9 years.
Whether or not you leave having met the love of your life, you’ll be part of something much bigger, transforming lives in northern Malawi. And hopefully you’ll still have shared an evening with a wonderful mix of humans and new Bristol connections.