Clifton Rotary Swimarathon 2020
Dive straight in…
WHAT: Team Lane Swimming
WHEN: Sunday 8th March
WHERE: Clifton High School Pool, Clifton Park Road, Bristol, BS8 3HL
WHO: Teams of 4 – 8 people
RESTRICTIONS: open to all, but the team leader who registers to take part must be 18 years old or over
Tell me more…
Clifton Rotary Club hosts a Charity Swimarathon each year and we are inviting you to be part of their next event, to help raise funds for Temwa. With thanks to the club’s support, there are no costs, meaning all of the funds you raise go directly to supporting the communities that Temwa partners with in Malawi.
Here’s the key info from the Clifton Rotary Club team, to let you know how it works:
– Teams swim for 1 hour and choose their time session ahead of the event day
– Teams raise funds through being sponsored per length (or for the overall swim)
– Teams have a lane dedicated to them and can all swim at the same time, one behind the other (as you would in normal public lane swimming)
– At the end of each lane, on the poolside, there will be a Rotary member who counts the number of lengths swum by the team in the lane allocated to them (rather than counting the lengths of individual members in the team)
– Teams swim at their own pace; the emphasis being on camaraderie rather than competition
– Some people who take part tend to swim continuously for the hour, while others enjoy a break from time to time
– A variety of teams, ages and ability take part annually, including schools (pupil, staff and parent teams), charities, work colleagues, families, groups of friends etc.
– It sounds more complicated than it is; the important thing is that it is fun, good exercise, nobody is judging anyone else and it raises money for your chosen charity
Sign up today!
Do you have a team at the ready? You can sign up by clicking here.
Upon sign up we’ll get in touch to gather key details from you, such as team names and preferred swim session times, and will also send you your fundraising form for any sponsors who will be offering donations per length swam.
Some people will choose to sponsor you per length swam, in which case you can use the paper fundraising form, and then collect donations after your swim. Additionally you can create your dedicated Virgin Money Giving Fundraising Page to collect sponsorship online.
Share Your Story!
We love to follow and share your challenge stories. You can find Temwa on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter using @TemwaUK and we follow the hashtags #WhenCommunitiesComeTogether and #TeamTemwa. Your supporters will also love to see your updates and any photos from your swim!
Your fundraising makes an incredible and real impact – empowering individuals in remote communities of Malawi to tackle the root causes of poverty and transform their own futures. You make it possible for life changing programmes to continue. Thank you for being an important part of Temwa’s journey!